Saturday, January 28, 2012

Personal Statement




                                                  
                                  

Clark Atlanta University is the birthplace of teaching students to become the best in everything they do. My matriculation at Clark Atlanta has prepared me to develop the skills and knowledge about every aspect in the Mass Media Art Program. When a person has discovered their passion, he or she will do whatever is necessary to better prepare them in their craft.  My career goals are to become a very prominent figure in the entertainment industry and own a film studio. I believe that I am the next generation whose responsibility is to uphold the positive image of African Americans in the entertainment industry. Everyday I strive harder to achieve my dreams;  like Clark Atlanta’s motto, “I’ll find a way or make one” is something that I have internalized. It reminds me that failure is an inevitable. 
Having this attitude along with faith has made me become a more optimistic person when applying for internships, academics, and working towards my aspirations. My journey at Clark Atlanta University has been amazing and hopefully I made my mark on campus to inspire others to accomplish beyond their goals. I firmly believe that everyone has a dream, but the next step is to make it become a reality.  In the famous words of Eleanor Roosevelt say, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Therefore I will not give up my dreams in being successful.
       -Demeshia Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment