Saturday, June 30, 2012

Friday June 29: Oh how I love Fridays!


            The bright sun peaked through my window, as I woke up to stretch and prepare for a brand new day. It felt get to know it was Friday, which is also my favorite day of the week.  I didn’t have to arrive at my internship till 11:30 a.m. so I decided to run a personal errand that I desperately needed; get my eyebrows threaded.

            I walked outside, making my way down St Nicholas Terrace and was surprised to see the City Tower Shuttle Bus. I’ve been in NY for about 3 weeks and never took advantage of the shuttle because somehow I always seem to miss it. The driver yelled sarcastically, “Hey why are you walking to the train?”  “You know you can take the shuttle right?”
            I smiled and jokingly laughed, “Well you’re never here when I need you.” I hoped on the shuttle that took me to 125th St. Train station, also right next to the five-dollar threading place.  After I painlessly got my brows down, I made my way down the corner near the station.  Timing was excellent, I made sure I was on the correct train, and I looked and felt good; I knew today would be positive day.
            Fridays at NBC are more relaxed, so I didn’t have any extreme task to do. I enter 75 Rockefeller Center, checked the board for any NY Live guest, and began to organize an interview sheet for Ms. Reid.  There were only 2 live guests, which were the judges from TLC new show Craft Wars.  Researching was not extensive because Ms. Reid and her co-host were going to do mini- craft war challenge.  Around 2:50 p.m. Ms. Reid, her co-hosts, and the NY Live production are getting ready to start the show. Normally, I watch the show on set, but went to the control room with executive producer Terri Martin. The control room had so many televisions, computers, and buttons. Also, there were three other producers in the room who help control the flow of the segments of NY Live. Watching the show from an executive producer’s perspective is very stressful because everything is on timed schedule.  The adrenalin in the room from Ms. Martin yelling and moving form one side to another made my experience exciting.  I definitely wouldn’t mind visiting the control room again to learn how to operate it. Friday was a different day, but I enjoyed every bit of it.

-Demeshia Jackson



No comments:

Post a Comment