Thursday, June 28, 2012

WednesdayJune 27: On My Way!


            There was a loud buzzing sound that came from my alarm, as I snoozed three times to officially wake up.  The words on my alarm read “Wake up and do blog,” around 5:35 a.m.; today was going to be a long day.
            I immediately checked my phone for any text messages or missed calls from Ms. Reid and opened up my computer to read important emails. My body was awake but my mind was discombobulated, without a doubt I was extremely tired.  Everyday my duty is to gather information for JacqueReid.com, check the format and accuracy while emailing everything before 6:00 a.m. There are times where I’ll go into panic mode because something may be missing or the links are incorrect and I have to constantly contact whoever is in charge of the website to send me the information by the deadline.
            Yesterday, things didn’t go quite planned as I made my way to the subway around 10:40 a.m., leaving me 20 minutes to arrive to NBC Universal Studios by 11:00 a.m.  I ran down a flight a stairs, swiped my subway pass, just to see my train depart.  I looked down at my phone and the time was now 10:45 a.m. It takes about 5 minutes to get to my destination riding the D Train, commonly known as the express train. I hear an announcement from the speaker, saying, “The next downtown train to Brooklyn is now arriving,” without looking at the letter on the train; I immediately hopped as I was determined to make it to NBC on time. 
            Before I sat down, I checked my phone one more time and it was now 10:55 a.m. My nerves began to get really bad, so I stared at the window at every stop just make sure the train was heading the right direction, until I realized that we passed 50th street, which was my stop.  My first instinct was to panic, but I knew that would distract me from getting to NBC on time. I instantaneously jumped out off my seat to prepare to get off the next stop at 42nd street, having no clue where I was going.  Sweat dripped from my face as I changed my speed from a stride to a light jog. I had 8 more blocks left to get to NBC and time was certainly not my friend. As bad as I felt like calling Ms. Reid to let her know my situation, I just sucked it up and ran the rest of the way like a maniac in a dress.  I finally arrived inside of NBC just to check my phone at 11:01 a.m. and a text message from Ms. Reid that read, “I’m on my way!”

-Demeshia Jackson





No comments:

Post a Comment