Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday June 17: "Church Time" -Christian Cultural Center

From a long week of working hard at my internship, I needed to be at a place of worship to prepare myself for more weeks to come. I always understood that God creates us with a purpose in this thing we call life, but my idea of receiving was different. I thought you had to be a certain age to realize your purpose or go through many things to find it. So throughout my life I had been searching and over thinking about my specific purpose, especially during my experience with the Reid Group so far.

God has truly blessed me with this opportunity to learn and work hands on  and everyday I can see myself grow as a person.

We worshiped with Ms. Reid's home church, the Christian Cultural Center (CCC) lead by Pastor A.R. Bernard. CCC has over 30,000 members and I was still able to get an intimate word from God like it was designed just for me. Actually the message was call "Design" Pastor Bernard preached about our purpose in life and how it comes in everyday life, but sometimes overlooked because we're waiting for that one big moment. He also define purpose as using "Your gifts, talents. and abilities to satisfy a human need." Pastor Bernard used Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as an example of person who simply used their God given talent, which was motivational speaking to influence the importance of equality to people all over the world. It was just that simple! Dr. King Jr. didn't discover that he will be a Civil Right's Activist at a young age, it just happened through his ability to be able speak and impact many people that he changed the world.

As I reflect throughout my life, I believe that I am slowly working towards my purpose by preparing myself here in New York, as a possible reporter changing lives all over the world.

From now on I will not take simple things in life for granted because I'm walking with a purpose.

Amen.

✌ ❤-Demeshia Jackson





No comments:

Post a Comment