Monday, June 25, 2012

Sunday June 24: Church

Time flies super fast we you constantly have work to do. The motto I live by is "Late nights and early mornings," there is no time for sleep if you are in the Reid Group. I can't believe I accomplished the week three already, sometimes I'm so busy working I forget the days of the week. Challenging myslef everyday can cause me to mentally drained and physically drained, but I know one thing that keeps me going is my strength from God and applying the word I receive on Sunday throughout this week.

This Sunday, at the Christian Cultural Center we had guest preacher from Atlanta by the name of Dale C. Bronner. Bishop is also an well-known preacher with a mega church called Word Of Faith. As Bishop Bronner slowly made his way in the church, I knew that his face looked familiar. My mind kept wandering as I try to figure out how this Bishop looks familiar. Than I realized, in the beginning of 2011 I attended one of his services. Pastor Bernard was suppose to give us part to of message titled Design, but the congregation and I were in for surprise. Bishop Bronner has a way with using big words, and the way he articulates certain things can sometimes leave you confused. Pastor Bernard jokingly mocked Bishop Bronner by using highly intelligent words as he begin to introduce him.

Bishop Bronner message focused on "Chasing after your Dreams," which was perfect for the situation I'm in. Interning in NY is a step closer to my dream of having a career in the mass media industry. He stated, "When you have one Godly idea, that idea can be bigger than a place and the product." I believe that God has blessed me with the gift of creativity, in my younger years I realized how my mind works in mysterious ways. There are so many goals I want to achieve in my life, and in the scripture Luke 1:37, "For nothing is impossible with God," which confirmation of God's word over my life.

Everyday is challenge but trusting in God and letting him be the center of your life will help you conquer that anything life throws at you. Throughout this entire internship experience I vow to continue to keep God first and watch the blessings unveil.


  ✌ ❤-Demeshia Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment