Sunday, June 17, 2012

Saturday June 16: My Trip to Times Square






After an adrenaline rushing morning at NBC Universal Studios from learning and practicing our live shots outside of 30 Rock, the Reid Group and I decided to walk over to Times Square. 

I was so excited to go because I haven’t been since we arrived to New York, and that’s the first place every tourist goes. Times Square is not far from where we intern, so the walk wasn’t long at all. 

The sight was beautiful, I never been surrounded by such tall buildings, seen that many flashing lights, and people in my entire life. I took so many pictures while trying to keep up with the group; I just couldn’t help but stand in amazement. 



From a mini break-dance performance, live cartoon characters, and stores on top of stores; Times Square is a busy place.  The Group and I were hungry therefore we didn’t do too much walking because we went to the nearest restaurant possible, which was TGIF. The prices on the menu doubled than those back home, everything was extremely expensive.  So I end up splitting an appetizer with Brishaun.

We quickly finished eating, so that we can walk around before it was too late.  The smell outside was a combination of food, sewer, and something burning; it was pretty gross.  Despite the smell I was still able to enjoy my mini tour of Times Square and will definitely be back next week.

✌ ❤-Demeshia Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment