Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bittersweet Memory


       Friday was a rainy and gloomy day. My small umbrella couldn't withstand the raindrops as they splashed against my face, while waiting for the taxi. The rain began to pour harder and the bottom of my pants became soaked. If its one thing I hate about the rain, it's walking around in cold, damp bottoms all day. The feeling of something wet brushing against my leg is so disgusting. Finally the taxi arrives; I quickly hopped in with rain residue everywhere.             
        It's now 5:00 a.m. and my last day of waking up early every morning to produce the Tom Joyner Morning Show. This was a very exhausting week for me but a learning experience. Hearing the contagious laughs of Ms. Reid as J. Anthony jokes about any and every topic was hilarious. Being called, "The Jacquettes" by Tom Joyner is something that I will never forget. Also working under 2-3 minute deadlines to write short, sweet and simple broadcast stories taught me how to work well under pressure. Radio is a very fun and relaxed outlet of media to pursue a career in. There are many skills you learn to develop which are useful for any aspect of the journalism industry.
       Honestly, I'm kind of going to miss waking up at 4:00 a.m. everyday anticipating an entertaining morning with Joyner and the team. I gained a better understanding and an ability to produce a popular, nationally syndicated radio show.

-Demeshia Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment