Saturday, July 21, 2012

To Be Or Not To Be Natural? That Is the Question!


       Whelp! Looks like the Reid Group and I got another Saturday off. Because of the horrific shootings in Colorado, we were not able to practice live shots earlier today. Having the day to myself felt so refreshing. There were so many chores I needed to take care and now was the perfect time to accomplish them. Starting with washing my thick, jet-black, and coarsely hair.
       Managing natural hair can be an all day process, especially if you have a head full of it like mines. July 2012 marked my 1-year anniversary of joining team natural. This was a longtime decision I constantly contemplated about and I finally gained the courage to do the “big-chop.” It was an emotional journey for me because I always had long flowing locks, but it was soon damaged by a perm or should I say “creamy-crack.” I needed a new transformation and a better way to take care of my hair, so transitioning to natural was one of my best decisions. However, there are days I look in the mirror and I want to scream because I’m having a bad hair day.
      
      
      
`

No comments:

Post a Comment