Monday, July 9, 2012

Reflections...


I will never forget the words Pastor A.R. Bernard, from the Christian Cultural Center said,  “You will make time for what you think is important.”
              
As I enter my 5th week in this internship, I reflect on how imperative it is to stay spiritually connected.  Working non-stop 6 days a week can be mentally and physically draining. I believe in meditating and praying for guidance gives me the strength to stay focus. While being hungry for this internship, I realized I have to spiritually feed my spirit also and dwell in my word. Each and everyday I wakeup to the sound of my alarm around 5:35 a.m. and the thought of peacefully making it to see another day reminds me of God’s grace over my life.
             
There are times where I catch myself engulfed in so many tasks and I forget to prioritize my life around my spiritual needs. Than I end up of having rocky day because things didn’t go as planned. Even though it feels like there aren’t enough hours in day, valuing my relationship with God will show that I can make time for him. Even if it takes listening to gospel music before starting a day of work, reading a daily verse or simply just talking to the most high. Everyone has their own form of worshiping, especially when we all come from different walks of life. It takes discipline and commitment to center your entire life on spirituality, but it can be done.
             
As I sit, writing this blog, while facing a pleasant view of Harlem outside my window, I decide to challenge myself. I vow to increase my one on one time with God and learn how to balance my spiritual and personal life. This journey will not be easy and I don't expect it to be an overnight process. Instead, embrace a new beginning with God being my number one priority. 


-Demeshia Jackson
           

No comments:

Post a Comment