Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Undiscovered Talent



       
        Last night was a dark and gloomy day so I decided to stay inside a use my creative imagination to fight boredom.
       I remember Sequoyah; another member of the Reid Group, asked me to give her a cosmetic, makeup tutorial. Even though I rarely wear makeup, but when it calls for a special occasion, you can call me MAC’s next makeup artist. I’m a beast with the beauty products because I have an eye for what looks good or not. In the 9th grade my mother granted me the permission to start wearing makeup. Before I started applying it, I had to get a beauty lesson from her best friend Deanna Palmer, a Mary Kay beauty consultant. Palmer thought me the essential steps on how to use foundation, eyeliner, and eye shadow and lip ware. Every night I would practice in my living room bathroom until I perfected my skill and master the art of makeup.
       Grabbing my bag full of cosmetic goodies, I decided to test out my skills and give a couple makeovers to Sequoyah and Chivone. I just let the freedom of my fingers paint a canvas on their faces, no particular plan just freestyle. They each had two completely different looks, Sequoyah, a more dramatic evening-wear and Chivone, a very natural subtle day-wear. Very confident in my work, each lady looked so beautiful, the transformation was amazing. Unfortunately, it was raining and we had no plans to go anywhere and show off their new look. Instead we decided to put these gorgeous faces to use and have a mini photo shoot, and not tooting my on horn (*toot toot) but I have a great eye for photography too. The pictures were breathtaking; we spent hours posing for the camera. 
       Although, I really enjoyed being a temporary makeup artist for a night, discovering my expertise in makeup can possibly turn into a side talent. 

-Demeshia Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment